Wednesday, April 30, 2008

New Job

Well, a new position anyway. I'm still with Publix, I'm just moving from deli to receiving. Same store, same money, better job. Basically, I'm only going to be dealing with vendors and other associates. And I have a set schedule. 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. and I'm off every Wed and Sun. So if you come in the store, you won't see me. I've been in the deli for a long time, there aren't alot of people I'm going to miss working with since the crew turns over a few times a year.

Here are some other things I won't miss

1. Hairnets (seriously, I SHAVE MY HEAD)
2. Stupid Customers (I know they're everywhere, I just won't have them by the 100's)
3. Slicing Meat and Cheese (No, I can't slice it any thinner)
4. Frying Chicken (I haven't eaten fried chicken in years)
5. Being Burned and or Cut ( you'd be surprised how dangerous kitchens are)

Don't get me wrong, I've had alot of fun in the deli, but I've gotten to the point I don't like people anymore, and I can't be an effective tool for Christ if I can't stand the sight of them. That's what working with the public does to you after a while. ( Just a little insight)
I'm sure there some things I will miss, But that's another post. It's time for Holmes on Homes.

No comments: